Have you ever looked at a figure in a journal article and thought "What on earth does that even mean?"... We certainly have! This session on data visualisation will get back to basics and give you some best practice advice so that you can create visualisations with your research data that communicate your point and are easily understood by everyone.
- Know the principles of data visualisation
- Understand different purposes of and audiences for data visualisations
- Recognise the relationship between visualisation type and underlying data type or structure
- Understand the strengths and limitations of different media for visualising data
- Gain knowledge of the tools and resources available to support visualisation activities
Target audience: Researchers and HDR students who need to visualise data for analysis or presentation purposes